My Blog List

Thursday, November 8, 2012

November 8, 2010

Wow!  Again, it's been a LONG time since my last post.  I've been around, but just very busy this fall!

I've been working on Christmas cards lately, and I've got 52 done with just a few more to go.  Yay!  I'll be so glad to have them done and ready to pop in the mail in December.

I used an SVG Cuts file (Santa's Visit) to create 50 of one design.  Here are a few pictures of that card.  Lots of pieces to glue and inking/embossing to do, but I really like this card.  I love all things primitive, so this is just right for me!

Card front

Card inside

2012 Christmas Card
 

I used Imaginisce paper (Warmest Wishes) to create the card base.  Santa's green gown was made using some papers that I had in my stash ~ they're not Christmas papers, but I thought they worked.  I used some glitter paper from my LSS for the inside of the lantern, and the rest of the papers are Bazzill Smoothies.  I used three different embossing folders.  I had trouble with using the woodgrain folder on Santa's staff - the paper kept tearing where the raised part was, so I switched to a different folder for the majority of the cards.  Santa's fur trim on his coat/hat and his beard were all done with the same folder.  The edges of all the pieces were inked with CTMH chocolate ink.  I used a coordinating Punkin Patch stamp to create "Believe" on the card front.  The inside sentiment was created with a wood block stamp that I got in the bargain bin at Pat Catan's.  I finished off the card front with a piece of twine from May Arts.
I love all the files from SVG Cuts!!!  If you've never visited their store, you should definitely stop by!  You'll be hooked!!  Leo and Mary are so helpful if you have questions, too!  And most of the kit files have a video with Mary showing you how to assemble the 3D items.  Just love that site!!
 
Hope you're all getting your holiday cards made!  Good luck with that!  I'll be back in a few days with another post showing a couple of individual Christmas cards I've made.
 
 


1 comment: